This time of year calls for all of your favorite comfort foods. This recipe is a guilt-free way to enjoy homestyle Mac n Cheese without the added fat content of most recipes.
- 2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt nonfat
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot add the olive oil on medium-low heat.
- Add the flour and whisk constantly until well combined.
- Stir in the milk and whisk until well combined and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the greek yogurt and whisk to combine, then add the cheese and let melt stirring occasionally.
- Once the sauce appears to be well combined, melted, and thickened, stir in the cooked pasta and mix to combine.
- Add salt and pepper and serve immediately.