Never sure how to prepare Butternut Squash? Try this Quinoa & Butternut Squash Fall Bake. It’s the perfect fall recipe.
- 1 pounds ground turkey fat free
- 6 cups butternut squash (about 2 whole squash) cubed
- 1 tablepsoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 5 cups spinach leaves
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese reduced fat
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Start with a clean prep area and washed hands.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook ground turkey in a skillet on medium heat until done.
- On a separate burner, cook quinoa according to the package instructions.
- In a separate bowl, combine butternut squash, olive oil, spinach, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and ground pepper to a bowl.
- Once ground turkey and quinoa are finished, add both ingredients to butternut squash mixture.
- Place in oven safe pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Top dish with parmesan cheese and cranberries.