If you are not a fan of pork chops, you can filet a chicken breast and use the same stuffing recipe. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen, thaw if frozen
- 1 cup chicken stuffing mix low sodium
- 2 tbsp canned, diced pimentos
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 4 ounce extra lean pork chops
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and green pepper in olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the stuffing mix, corn, pimientos, cumin, and pepper.
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop by making a horizontal slice almost to the bone; fill with stuffing.
- Secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until meat juices run clear and meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Discard toothpicks before serving.