In many parts of Texas, zucchini is a flourishing crop for gardeners this year. Zucchini Garlic Bites are a great and delicious way to utilize this produce item.
- 1 cup zucchini grated and well drained
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese grated fine
- 1 clove garlic grated fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives chopeed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Servings: 3 bites per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Grate or shred zucchini into fine pieces. Pat dry zucchini with a paper towel or ring moisture out in a cheesecloth.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Form a tablespoon of the mixture into small round balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.