This comforting black bean skillet is a delicious way to focus on veggies tonight while still getting plenty of protein and fiber tonight!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cups zucchini quartered
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can roasted tomatoes un-drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can unsalted black beans rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded, reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cumin, chili powder, un-drained tomatoes, beans, and water.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice and cheese; stir well.
- Reduce heat and cover for 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.