This easy turkey casserole is a perfect weeknight meal when you’re looking for some spice in your life! The southwest flavors will keep you coming back for seconds!
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1 - 15 ounce can low sodium black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1 - 8.5 ounce package corn muffin mix
- 3/4 cup chicken broth 99% fat free
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese reduced fat
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Brown ground turkey in skillet until no longer pink.
- Add black beans, salsa, cumin, and red pepper; simmer 2 minutes.
- Layer turkey mixture on bottom of 13×9 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine corn muffin mix, broth, and egg; stir well to combine.
- Spread corn mixture over turkey to cover.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cut into 8 squares and serve.