While we LOVE a good Fried Rice Stir-Fry, we wanted to provide a healthy substitution to this classic recipe. Check out our Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe this week to prepare a yummy twist on a classic dish.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium head cauliflower riced
- 1/3 cup carrot diced
- 1/3 cup asparagus cut into 1/2 inch sections
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound chicken breast cooked
- 3 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Start with a clean prep area and wash hands
- If not already done, rice the cauliflower and chop vegetables.
- In a large pan, add olive oil and heat on medium.
- Add cauliflower, carrots, green peas, asparagus, and onions.
- Stir and allow to cook until the vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Create a hole in the middle of the cauliflower mixture and add the egg. Scramble the egg in the pan and stir it together with the vegetables.
- Once egg is cooked in, stir in cooked chicken.
- Stir in soy sauce, sesame oil, and green onions.
- Serve warm and enjoy!