Brussels sprouts are a nutritious vegetable packed with antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C. Deliciously sautéed or roasted Brussels sprouts for 30-40 minutes will have an exceptional caramelized flavor with a crispy center. However, sautéing and steaming just under 15 minutes in your Instant Pot provides a nutritious side dish with just as much rich flavor. Save some cooking time and add the Lemon Pepper Brussels Sprouts to your weekly menu.
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts halved
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup unsalted walnut pieces roasted
Servings: 1/2 cup servings
- Rinse Brussel sprouts and slice off the bottom end. Remove any wilted leaves and slice vertically.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a 6-quart cooker, pour in chicken broth and olive oil, mix well.
- Set cooker to SAUTE. Add garlic powder and lemon pepper, combine evenly and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Close the lid of your cooker set the steam release valve to a sealed position.
- Press MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button for 6 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE.
- Quick-release after the alarm sounds, carefully remove the lid.
- Gently combine walnut pieces over Brussels sprouts.
- Use a slotting spoon to remove from the pot and serve.
- May squeeze half lemon over the side dish for additional flavor.