A refreshing lemonade lower in sugar that will help hydrate you this summer. Our Blueberry Lemonade recipe can be made with either fresh or frozen blueberries which are a high antioxidant super fruit.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries frozen may be used
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Servings: servings (2 quarts total)
- Combine blueberries and 1 cup of water in a blender until liquefied: about 1 min.
- Using a mesh strainer over the mouth of a 2-quart pitcher, pour the blueberry puree slowly to strain. Use a spoon to move puree back and forth over the mesh strainer to drain liquid.
- Add agave nectar into freshly squeezed lemon juice, stir well.
- Pour in agave nectar and lemon juice into a pitcher, stir.
- Add the remaining 5 cups of water to the pitcher and stir.
- Serve over ice. Add blueberries, thinly sliced lemon, or mint for garnish.
- Store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- ** Stir lemonade before pouring. **Blend frozen blueberries longer to liquify.