Valentine’s Day is a great time to share breakfast with someone you love. Our Sweetheart Waffles are a low-fat option for a quick breakfast recipe. We reduced the fat in this recipe by using unsweetened applesauce which also makes these waffles moist. Add this to your list of recipes for a great Valentine’s Day treat.
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- Non stick cooking spray
Fresh Fruit Topping
- 2 cups fresh rasperries
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar sprinkled on top of waffles
- Wash hands and cooking area.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, applesauce, and egg substitute. Stir well. Spray waffle maker with a small amount of non-stick spray; preheat until ready to use.
- Once waffle maker is warmed, fill waffle maker with 3/4 cup of waffle mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until done. Remove from waffle maker.
- In a separate bowl, combine raspberries and pomegranate seeds.
- Top waffles with raspberry and pomegranate mixture.
- Optional: Sprinkle waffles with 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar.