This zesty chicken jambalaya is a great one pot dish that will be ready fast for a delicious and healthy dinner any night of the week!
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup cooked, chopped chicken breast
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can unsalted tomato sauce
- 1 cup brown uncooked
- 1 1/4 cup low sodium, reduced fat chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Wash your hands and clean your cooking area.
- Wash and prepare fresh vegetables as directed above.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray or drizzle vegetable oil.
- Cook chicken for 2 minutes on medium to medium high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and celery to skillet.
- Continue to cook on medium for an additional 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato sauce, rice, chicken broth, and spices to the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover.
- Continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve immediately.