These traditional-style steak tacos are sure to fill that craving for street tacos! Enjoy for your next taco tuesday.
- 2 pounds sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 mini corn tortillas
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 limes sliced
- tomatillo salsa optional, not included in nutrition facts
Servings: (4 tacos per serving)
- Wash your hands and clean your preparation and grill area.
- Warm a grill to medium-high heat.
- While grill is preheating, season steaks with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place steaks on warm grill. Turn steaks every 4 minutes and cook to your liking. Using a food thermometer, make sure the internal temperature of the steaks reach a safe minimal internal temperature of 145° F or 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Warm tortillas on the grill away from the cooking steaks and keep warm in aluminum foil.
- Remove from the grill and slice into thin strips about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Fill each tortilla with steak, onion, cilantro, and top with a squeeze of lime juice.
- If you are looking for additional flavor, try topping with fresh tomatillo salsa!