Not sure what to do with that chicken? Here is a simple recipe that you can whip up super fast for dinner. Bonus, its kid friendly!
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs or panko
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg beaten lightly
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup reduced-sodium marinara sauce
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Place flour and Italian seasonings in a shallow dish.
- Place bread crumbs and eggs each in a separate shallow dish.
- Coat chicken in the flour mixture, then in the egg mixture, and finally the bread crumbs.
- Place on a plate when done coating the chicken.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté chicken 2 to 3 minutes per side, until browned. In the bottom of a baking dish, mix 1/4 cup marinara sauce with 2 Tablespoons of water.
- Place chicken in dish and top each with 3 Tablespoons of marinara sauce and 3 Tablespoons cheese.
- Bake at 350̊ F, covered, for 15 minutes..