Edamame (soybeans) are high in protein and low in fat. This salad makes a great side dish or light lunch.
- 2 cups shelled edamame soybeans fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup yellow sweet corn fresh, canned or frozen, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place edamame, corn, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper into a 13 x 9 pan and stir to combine. Place on middle rack of the oven and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, just until the edamame begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and place in refrigerator until completely cool, approximately 30 minutes.
- Add tomato, basil and vinegar to mixture and toss to combine. Taste; adjust seasoning as needed. Serve chilled or at room temperature.