In the upcoming weeks one of the greatest seasons of the year will be starting…football season! Which means friends, family, and of course food! Here is a simple and healthy beef fajita recipe to help keep your tailgate or backyard watching party safe and healthy.
By making your own fajita seasoning you can control how much sodium actually makes it into your food, and grilling your vegetables over an open flame gives them a unique flavor without adding calories!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 pound Flank Steak
- 8 tortillas
- 2 medium sliced Bell peppers
- 1 medium sliced white onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Wash your hands and clean your cooking area.
- Wash all produce under cool running water with a soft vegetable brush.
- Start by mixing together the chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt. Add in the lime juice and mix well to create a runny paste.
- Place flank steak in a seal-able plastic bag and place the spice paste in the bag thoroughly coating the steak.
- Cook the beef over a medium high heat on the grill until it reaches at least 145 degrees (for 8 to 10 minutes on each side).
- Slice the onion, and bell pepper and coat with olive oil and pepper.
- Cook the onion and pepper over medium heat on the grill (recommend using a grill basket) until the vegetables soften.
- Assemble the beef and vegetables on 8 tortillas.
- Serve with your favorite fajitas sides! Our lemon rice goes well with this recipe and can be made ahead.