Who says peaches are just for dessert? This Slow Cooker Chicken with Peachy Ginger Sauce is the perfect meal for Spring! This meal is Freezer Meal Prep friendly, and utilizing the slow cooker helps to keep your kitchen cool while the temperature is rising outdoors. Serve over your favorite whole grain like brown rice or quinoa!
In Freezer Bag
- 1 pound Chicken Thighs boneless and skinless
- 1 cup Peach Jam sugar-free
- 1 small red onion sliced ¼” thin
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 inch Piece Fresh Ginger Root peeled and grated
- 3 teaspoon garlic minced
For Freezer Bag
- Place chicken thighs and onion in a freezer bag.
- In a bowl, combine peach jam, soy sauce, ginger root, and minced garlic to form a sauce.
- Pour the sauce to evenly coat the chicken thighs and onions.
- Remove as much air as possible from the bag, seal, and lay flat in the freezer until ready to cook.
When Ready to Cook
- The day before you are ready to cook, transfer from freezer to refrigerator to thaw.
- When thawed, empty contents into a slow cooker and cover with a lid.
- Cook on a low setting for 3-5 hours or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees and shreds easily with a fork.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare brown rice according to package instructions.
- Shred chicken and return to juices in the slow cooker until ready to serve.
- Serve over brown rice and enjoy!