Quinoa is often used as a substitute for rice or pasta, but it can be used for so much more. Try these Chocolate Quinoa Bites for a spin on No-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. They are sure to be a winner all around!
Not sure about how to correctly cook quinoa? Check out our guide on the simple, straightforward way to prepare cooked quinoa.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter or nut/seed butter of choice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- Clean kitchen surfaces and utensils.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Melt together coconut oil, syrup and cocoa powder. Whisk until combined.
- Add the almond butter and stir again until smooth.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and fold in the quinoa and coconut flakes.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, shaping slightly with your hands if desired.
- Place in the freezer to set for about 30 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the freezer, and store in an airtight container in the freezer for best results. Cookies can also be stored in the fridge (they'll just be a lot softer!).