Nobody puts baby SPINACH in the corner, but nobody said we couldn’t be sneaky about it. Check out this Italian Spinach and Zucchini Meatball recipe that will quickly become a favorite in your household!
- 2 pounds ground turkey – 7% fat
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella low sodium, divided
- 1 medium zucchini shredded
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Servings: servings (2 meatballs per serving)
- Wash your hands, clean your preparation area, and rinse fresh fruits and vegetables under cool running water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey, 1 cup of shredded mozzarella, shredded zucchini, chopped spinach, egg whites, and all seasonings.
- Combine until ingredients are well mixed
- Split mixture into 4 sections. Aim to make 6 meatballs from each section to get you 24 total meatballs.
- Add meatballs to an oven-safe dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove dish from the oven, add 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and bake for 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.