Savor the flavorful Italian Artichoke Chicken and that home-cooked feel! Easy to prepare and large enough for leftovers, I am happy to share one of my family favorites for a Sunday dinner. Serve with pasta or over spinach and customize your meal!
- 6 4 ounce chicken breast skinless and boneless
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 5-6 Roma tomatoes cored and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 14 ounce can quartered Artichoke Hearts drained
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Arrange raw chicken breasts in a 9X11 casserole dish. Season with Italian seasoning, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together, tomatoes, garlic and drained artichoke hearts. Add extra virgin olive oil, sugar, and flour. Mix well.
- Pour the tomato and artichoke mixture over the chicken. Cover with foil and place in preheated oven, bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and uncover. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top and place the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is golden brown and the vegetables are caramelized.
- Remove from oven and top with chopped basil over the hot dish.
- *Serve over your favorite pasta or pair chicken with a fresh spinach salad….or do both!