Love lemon cupcakes? Try our delicious and easy to make lemon cupcakes with simple frosting. These cupcakes are sure to be a hit!
- 1 15 ounce white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemonade mix
- 1 10 ounce container light whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 cupcake tins with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix and water. In a small bowl, combine applesauce, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of lemonade mix; add to cake mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon batter evenly into cupcake liners. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- For frosting, combine the remaining lemonade mix with the whipped topping using a hand mixer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and frost cupcakes.
- Garnish with additional lemon zest.