You are in for a special treat! We found the FIRST Dinner Tonight video and thought it was appropriate for today’s “Throwback Thursday.” Dana Tarter was a Family and Consumer Sciences AgriLife Extension agent in Tarrant County when she was the first star of Dinner Tonight. The program has grown tremendously since this video and we are excited for what is to come. Don’t forget to try Lemon Butter Fish for dinner tonight. Enjoy!
- 1 tsp butter or margarine unsalted
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb salt free
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Drizzle the olive oil over the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Place fish filets in dish and place lemon slices over the filets. Sprinkle with ground black pepper and paprika. Place in the oven, cook until fish turns opaque and reaches an internal temperatures of 145 degrees F, about 10 minutes.
- While fish is baking prepare the sauce by adding the butter or margarine to a small skillet and heat just until melted. Add the salt free seasoning and juice of a lemon.
- When the fish is cooked throughout remove from the oven and drizzle with the lemon butter sauce.