This is a simple recipe that makes a great side dish for dinner! The combination of celery and pecans might seem odd but they are perfectly combined in this dish. The pecans and nuts in general are full of protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and the American Heart Association recommends nuts as part of a healthy dietary pattern.
- 8 sticks celery
- 1 cup pecans toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Chop celery and place in large bowl.
- Toast pecans and add to celery.
- Whisk together green onion, mustard, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Pour over celery and pecans.
- Top with shaved Parmesan cheese.