This recipe fits perfectly with our casserole formula!! We promise your casserole leftovers won’t last long. Add this recipe to your regular lineup!
- 1 pound Ground Beef 97% lean
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 poblano peppers diced
- 15 ounce can Low Sodium DicedTomatoes
- 1/2 cup Instant Long Grain White Rice Uncooked
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cilantro Chopped
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup nonfat mozzarella cheese Shredded
- Wash your hands and clean your counter tops. Wipe down tops of canned food items. Rinse produce under cool running water before slicing.
- Saute beef with onion until browned. Season with cumin, chili powder, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Saute garlic and poblano peppers with seasoned beef until softened.
- Add tomatoes, rice, and water and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Stir in Cilantro.
- Place 4 tortillas in the bottom of 6x9 casserole dish, layer half of the meat mixture, and repeat one time. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350*F for 20 minutes or until the entire mixture reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.