- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes un-drained
- 1 (16 ounce) unsalted black beans un-drained
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried or fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice uncooked
- Wash and chop all vegetables, then combine in a mixing bowl.
- Cook onion and green pepper in vegetable oil, in a large pan, until tender about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans (include liquid from can), oregano, and garlic powder. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in rice and cover.
- Cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.