Family friendly Taco Boats. This simple recipe will have kids and adults asking for more! Perfectly portable taco, ready for toppings of your choice!
- 8 ounces of lean ground beef
- 1/4 finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 8 ounce tube of reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean your hands and your preparation area.
- In a large skillet brown lean ground beef for 4 – 5 minutes. Add finely diced onion, diced tomato, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin. Stir together and continue cooking until beef is cooked through. Remove from heat. Food safety note: ground beef should be cooked to a minimal internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On two large baking sheet, unroll crescent rolls and press seams together to make one large sheet. Cut sheet into 8 squares. Divide beef mixture evenly among all 8 dough squares and top with shredded cheese. Pinch crescent roll around filling and to make a cup (or boat!) to hold filling in.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden brown.