CREAMY + CHEESY – You don’t want to miss out on this loaded potato soup. It’s full of protein and creamy enough to satisfy your cravings!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 6 cup russet potatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun creole seasoning
- 4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup green onion
Servings: 2 cup servings
- Wash your hands and clean your countertops. Rinse produce under cool running water before slicing.
- Brown ground beef with yellow onion in a dutch oven or soup pot. Remove from pan and reserve for later.
- Add diced potatoes to the pot with salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning. Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to pot, bring to a boil, and cook potatoes until soft.
- Using a potato masher, mash potatoes until they reach your desired consistency.
- Add cooked ground beef, milk, ½ cup of shredded cheese, and ¼ cup of green onion.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Serve garnished with remaining cheddar cheese and green onion.