Need a hearty and quick pantry staple dinner option? Look no further than our One Pot Lentil Soup! Packed with lentils, potatoes and spinach, this soup powerhouse is easy to make and a great meat-free option!
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic Minced
- 1/4 Cup onion Diced
- 1/2 Cup carrot Diced
- 2 Stalks celery Diced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 Cup tomato sauce no salt added
- 1 1/4 Cup Brown dry lentils
- 14.5 Oz Canned Potatoes Drained
- 2 Cups water
- 2 Cups low sodium chicken broth no sugar added option
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tsp cumin
- 3 Cups baby spinach leaves
Servings: 1.5 Cups
- In a large pot, add avocado oil. Add in the garlic, diced onion, diced carrot, and diced celery. Cook for 2-3 minutes until carrots and celery are soft, stirring frequently.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, and lentils to the pot and combine with the carrot and celery mixture. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add canned potatoes to the pot.
- Pour in 2 cups water and 2 cups chicken broth.
- Add in black pepper, oregano and cumin. Stir to combine, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 25 minutes until lentils are cooked.
- With a handheld emulsion blender, briefly emulsify about ¼ of the soup in the pot while leaving the texture chunky. If using a regular blender, remove ¼ of the soup and add the blender. Blend until smooth and place back in the pot.
- Stir in spinach leaves into the soup and let simmer for 5 more minutes or until spinach is wilted.