Breakfast bowls are a great way to load up on fresh veggies and protein to start your day off in a healthy and delicious way!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese fat free
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- To poach an egg, fill a pan with approximately two inches of water, add 2 teaspoons of vinegar and simmer over medium heat. While the water is heating, crack cold eggs into a small ramekin or bowl and have them ready to pour into the pan. Once the water is simmering, use a utensil to stir the water to create rotation. Stop stirring and carefully drop the egg into the center of the whirlpool. Turn off the heat, cover the pan and let the egg poach for 5 minutes. Once time is up, remove the egg with a slotted spoon. Tip: poaching works best with no more that two eggs in the pan at a time.
- Mash avocado and squeeze in fresh lemon juice. Add salt and pepper.
- Prepare your breakfast bowl with cooked quinoa following the cooking instructions on the package.
- Layer your bowl with quinoa, avocado, a poached egg, cheese and seasoning.
- Optional: Cook a couple of low sodium bacon strips until crispy, crumble over breakfast bowls.*
*Adding bacon will change the nutritional value of the Quinoa Breakfast Bowls & nutrition facts label