This is a “make it your own recipe” use your favorites to create the flavor of your muffins. The recipe is the base of your creation. The banana and oats are the foundation for the muffin. You can also make mini muffins with this recipe, a good hands-on activity for kids. Makes 12 muffins or 24 mini muffins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cooking spray in regular muffin pans, set aside.
- Mash 4 medium ripe bananas in a large bowl. Stir extract into mashed bananas.
- Add oats to bowl, mix well with a spoon.
- Scoop mixture into muffin molds, fill to the top. Add favorite fruit toppings for extra flavors.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Enjoy warm or store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Ideas for toppings: diced apples, berries, diced pears, diced peaches, unsweetened coconut flakes