Let’s put those pumpkin carving leftovers to use with this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal! Simply place all the ingredients in the pot, turn the cooker on 6-8 hours and let your house begin to smell like fall!
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree see notes on how to make your own pumpkin puree
- 3 Tablespoons Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all the ingredients into slow cooker and mix well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. If you have a programmable slow cooker, set it to cook on low for 7 hours and then switch to warm.
- After cooking, give the mixture a good stir as the oats will settle to the bottom. Portion into a bowl and serve.
- Optional: top with pecans, maple syrup and almond milk.
*Toppings are not calculated into the nutrition facts.
How to make your own pumpkin puree