- 2 cups cooked pinto beans drained, mashed
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup non-fat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Wash your hands and clean your work area.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9X9 square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or 12 muffin cups.
- Cream margarine and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add remaining wet ingredients.
- Mix in dry ingredients. Fold in the raisins and walnuts.
- Bake for 50 minutes for 9X9 cake or 20 minutes for muffins.