Whether you’re looking for a delicious family meal or easy meal prep idea our Tex Mex Beef Skillet is a great option! This skillet recipe l is a great way to get your protein, vegetables, and grains all in meal!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp unsalted tomato paste
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can unsalted pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsalted diced tomatoes un-drained
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook meat and onion until brown, stirring to crumble; drain
- Return meat to skillet.
- Add chili powder, cumin, tomato paste and salt.
- Stir in rice, beans, chilies and tomatoes; heat through.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired.
- Serve immediately