These simple egg muffins are a great and delicious way to get an extra serving of veggies in at the start of your day!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head broccoli or 10 ounce bag frozen broccoli
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Wash your hands and clean your cooking area and utensils. Rinse fresh broccoli head under cool running water. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, water and seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder) and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Prepare broccoli. If using fresh, cut into florets and place in microwave safe container with 1/2 cup water. Cover with microwave safe covering and steam for 4 minutes. When done, drain the broccoli and wait until cool enough to handle, chop into small pieces. If using frozen, follow package directions to steam, drain, and wait until cool enough to handle, chop into small pieces.
- Spray a nonstick muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Evenly distribute broccoli among muffin cups, pour egg mixture over broccoli up to about 2/3 full. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until egg is done but cheese is not burnt.