Don’t forget to wear your green, and eat spinach on St. Patrick’s Day! Enjoy this creamy spinach as a side to any pork, beef, or chicken entrée!
- 1/2 pound baby spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic clove chopped
- 1/4 Tablespoon butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup shallots chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 ounce lowfat cream cheese
Servings: 1/4 cup servings
- Wash your hands and clean your countertops. Rinse produce under cool running water beforeslicing.
- Saute spinach and chopped garlic clove in olive oil. Saute until spinach is wilted. Move spinach to a separate bowl to stop the cooking process.
- Add chopped shallot to the heated pan with butter. Allow the shallot to cook until translucent.
- Make a sauce by adding salt, pepper, milk, and cream cheese to the dish. Allow time for the sauce to simmer and thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Add spinach back to the pan and stir.
- Serve warm.