Easy Tuna Melt Sandwiches for a quick lunch or simple dinner!
- 1 12 ounce can light tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 Tablespoon dehydrated minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise with olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- 8 slices 100% whole grain bread
Servings: 1 sandwich servings
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Drain tuna and break the meat apart with a fork.
- Mix tuna, cheese, celery, light mayonnaise, onion, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Spread the tuna mixture on 4 of the pieces of whole wheat bread and place a single slice of bread on top of each.
- Put each sandwich either on a cookie sheet or on a square of aluminum foil, wrapping the foil around the sandwiches and folding edges securely.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until hot in the middle. Cool slightly before serving. Use the broiler to toast the bread if desired.