Did you know that there are many different varieties of tuna? Read below for more information on some of the species of tuna that is more commonly consumed.
- Light flesh and mild flavor
- Canned as “white meat tuna”
- Dark red flesh and fattiest of any tuna
- Best option for fresh tuna and is used almost exclusively in sashimi and sushi dishes
- Skip Jack
- Strong flavor
- Canned as chunk light tuna
- Yellowfin (Ahi)
- Light pink with mild flavor
- Comparable to bluefin tuna and is often marketed as frozen tuna steaks of fresh loins or steaks.
The USDA 2015 Dietary Guidelines recommends incorporating fish as a healthy part of your weekly diet. Check out our seafood recipes to find easy and healthy recipes to start making at home tonight!
Most people are not as confident cooking with fish check out our blogs for tips on making you fish dishes safe and delicious