White chicken chili is full of ingredients with great nutritional value. This recipe is low in fat and high in protein. This versatile chicken chili gives you one more reason to use your slow cooker … which may be your favorite kitchen appliance in the fall! Preparation is easy and quick, dinner is ready when you get home, and cleanup is a snap. Add a few corn tortilla chips for a crunch and you have a full meal!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic gloves minced
- 1 cup white onion chopped
- 3 1/2 cups salt free, reduced fat chicken broth
- 4 (4.5ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (11 ounce) can shoe peg or kernel canned corn unsalted and un-drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans undrained
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
Slow Cooker Directions
- Spray skillet with cooking spray.
- Sautè chicken until done. When cooled, shred chicken or cut into 1 inch cubes. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Sautè onions and garlic in skillet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook until onions are tender.
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray or use a plastic slow cooker liner.
- Combine all ingredients, except lime juice, and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Just before serving, add lime juice and stir.
Multifunction Cooker Directions
- Put 1 Tablespoon canola oil in the inner pot, cube chicken breast and add to the pot. Sauté until chicken is beginning to brown.
- Add the onion to the chicken and cook until it begins to become translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients except lime juice and close the pot set the vent to closed.
- Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes and allow to natural release
- Remove the lid carefully, stir in lime juice, and serve.