Try this simple and easy spinach pasta toss for your Dinner Tonight! With 5 ingredients this dish will come together quickly!
- 1 15 ounce Italian-style diced tomatoes unsalted
- 2 cups whole wheat penne pasta dry
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded, reduced fat
- Bring tomatoes, pasta and water to a boil in a large saucepan; stir.
- Cover; simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes or just until pasta is tender.
- Add ½ of spinach; simmer, covered 2 minutes or until wilted. Stir.
- Repeat until remaining spinach is added.
- Serve topped with cheese.
- For a spicier dish, add ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes with the tomatoes.