- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup skim or 1% milk
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup plain, fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup reduced-fat, shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 low-sodium saltine crackers crushed (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Rinse broccoli and cauliflower. Cut into florets.
- Place vegetables and ½ cup water in skillet.
- Cover with lid and allow to steam over high heat for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add milk to skillet. Reduce to low heat.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to skillet.
- Allow cream cheese to melt. Stir occasionally.
- Add yogurt to skillet. Stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and allow it to melt.
- Mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan; sprinkle over vegetables.