Here is a simple and yummy recipe for Black Bean Soup. Using an electric pressure cooker this is a one-pot dish that cooks in under an hour. Next time you need to warm up give this soup a try.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 7 cups no salt added chicken stock
- 2 cups black beans dry
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 avocado cut into 10 slices
- 1/2 cup reduced tat shredded cheddar cheese
- On the sauté function of an electric pressure cooker add the olive oil, onion, garlic, carrots, and celery to the inter pot and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add Chicken stock, dried black beans, chili powder, and dried oregano. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the electric pressure cooker. Set it to manual and set the time for 35 minutes. Once the time is up let the pressure cooker naturally releases pressure for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir. Top each serving with 2 teaspoons of cheese and a slice of avocado.