Bored with your normal salad routine? Throw some color into this mix this week with this recipe from Logan B!
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves fresh
- 6 ounces baby spring mix fresh
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup grapes
- 11 ounces canned mandarin oranges drained
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Vinaigrette recipe below
Candied Pecans - Optional
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon basil
Servings: 1 cup
- Wash and dry spinach leaves and spring mixed greens. In a large bowl layer 1/2 the spinach, greens, red onion, strawberries, grapes, and pecans and repeat to create the top layer. Finish salad by playing the oranges on top. Drizzle Dressing over top of salad before serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine brown sugar and orange juice. Add pecan halves, stirring to coat. Spread in a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until nuts are browned and syrup is bubbly, stirring once. Pour out onto a lightly greased baking sheet, separating into single nuts. Cool on a wire rack. *Addition of candied pecans will change nutrition information
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until well combined. Pour in a jar and refrigerate until chilled. *yields 6 - 1/2 cup servings.
*Nutrition label includes salad and 1 (1/2) cup serving of raspberry vinaigrette recipe. Addition of more dressing or candied pecans will change nutrition information.