Get to grillin’ with our Smoked Turkey Sausage and Veggie Skewers! Loaded with flavorful grilled sausage and a variety of veggies, these are sure to be a hit at your next summer barbeque!
- 13 ounces Smoked Turkey Sausage Sliced into 24 pieces
- 1 each red bell pepper (Cut into 1x1 inch pieces)
- 1 each green bell pepper (Cut into 1x1 inch pieces)
- 1 each yellow bell pepper (Cut into 1x1 inch pieces)
- 1.5 cups portabella mushrooms halved
- 1.5 cups onions approximately ½ large onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup asparagus
- 3 each jalapeno peppers (Cut into 1x1 inch pieces)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic Minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Red Crushed Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Clean and prepare your working space.
- Prepare your outside grill or inside grill/grilling pan, as necessary.
- Cut and prepare all of your ingredients as directed.
- Take your smoked turkey sausage and vegetables (bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, asparagus, and jalapenos) and place them in a large mixing bowl, and mix.
- In a smaller bowl, add your olive oil, minced garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, dried parsley, pepper, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Next, add the oil and spice mixture to the large bowl of sausage and veggies. Mix until everything is well-coated.
- Grab your skewers and evenly distribute the sausage and vegetables on the eight metal skewers in the pattern of your choice.
- (If you are using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them prior to use)
- Once the sausage and veggies have been added to the skewers, place them on your grill for approximately 10-20 minutes or until your desired doneness.
- Remove from grill. Eat and enjoy!