Easy Spinach and Chicken Pasta is an quick and healthy meal that will be sure to satisfy everyone at your table! Try out this recipe and our many others!
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 tablepsoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 28 ounce jar low-sodium spaghetti sauce
- 1 14 ounce can unsalted petite diced tomatoes drained
- 3 ounces low-fat or fat-free cream cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, Italian seasoning, half of the spaghetti sauce and the drained tomatoes. Let simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Cut cream cheese into small chunks. Add to chicken and tomato sauce mixture.
- Simmer until cream cheese is melted. Stir in spinach. Cook another 2-3 minutes, until the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Pour chicken and tomato sauce mixture over pasta, mix well. Top with one cup of the shredded mozzarella. Top with the remaining spaghetti sauce, and remaining mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.