- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth unsalted, reduced fat
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 5.9 ounce package couscous dry
- Toast pecans and 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and garlic to pan and saute for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, spinach, chicken broth, pepper and basil.
- Bring to a boil and stir in couscous.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 6-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- Stir in mixture adding in the pecans and cheese.
- Serve immediately.