Whether you are trying to stay warm on these cool spring days or just wanting the flavors of your favorite pasta dish, this Meatball Orzo Soup is what’s for dinner. Using frozen meatballs helps to get dinner on the table faster for those busy spring evenings. Leftovers are perfect the next day to be packed for lunch with a salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 12 ounces frozen turkey meatballs thawed and cut in half
- 1 quart chicken stock – no salt added
- 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes – no salt added
- 15 ounce white beans – drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach thaw and drained
- 1/3 cup of dried orzo pasta
Servings: 2 cup servings
- Heat oil in a large pot and add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring until softened. Add cut-up meatballs. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, beans, dried basil and dried oregano. Bring the pot to a boil and then turn it down to a simmer.
- Add dried orzo pasta and spinach. Cook for 10 minutes or until orzo pasta is tender. Serve and enjoy!