Rice Pilaf is a delectable one-pot wonder boasting fluffy, toasted rice cooked with onions and frozen mixed vegetables in chicken stock. This flavorful and simple side dish is perfect alongside grilled chicken to baked fish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 cups brown long grain rice
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3.5 cups chicken stock – no salt added
- 1.5 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, green beans, peas)
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
Servings: 1 cup
- In a small sauce pan over medium-high heat add the olive oil, rice, onion, and garlic. Stir around in the pan until the rice is toasted and onion is softened.
- Next, add the chicken stock and mixed vegetables to the pan. Bring this to a boil. Once at a boil then turn down to a low simmer and cover pan. Continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- After cooking for 30 minutes, turn off the heat and leave pan covered for an additional 15 minutes.
- Use a fork to fluff the rice. Stir in the pecans and serve.