Grill up the perfect healthy appetizer for the home team with these Grilled Shrimp, Pineapple and Veggie Skewers.
- 1 pound large fresh or raw Shrimp peeled, deveined, tail-on
- 20 ounce can Pineapple Chunks in 100% Pineapple Juice reserve juice
- 2 Cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 Large zucchini sliced
- 1 Large yellow squash sliced
- 1 Cup green bell pepper sliced
- 20 small Skewers
- 1/2 Cup ketchup
- 1/4 Cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Servings: servings (2 skewers)
- Clean and sanitize your workspace. Pull back your hair and wash your hands.
- Prepare your shrimp by peeling them and ensure they are all deveined, leave the tail on
- Next, drain your pineapple and reserve your juice. Additionally, wash and prepare your tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and green peppers to be added to the skewers.
- Place one shrimp, one pineapple chunk, one cherry tomato, 1 zucchini slice, 1 yellow squash slice, and 1 bell pepper slice on a skewer
- Place on a plate and prepare your grill and BBQ Sauce.
- Once the BBQ sauce is made (instructions below) and the grill is ready (Medium Heat), brush each skewer with BBQ Sauce.
- Place skewers, BBQ sauce side down, on the grill. While the bottom is grilling, brush the top side of each skewer with BBQ Sauce.
- Grill 1-2 minutes then flip skewers over. Grill additional 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- When ready, serve and enjoy!
- Place a pan over medium-low heat.
- Add all BBQ Sauce ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.