These tasty Skinny Sloppy Joes are a healthier twist of the classic! It’s a quick and easy recipe for dinner tonight! Click for this recipe and many more!
- 12 ounces extra lean ground beef chuck or round
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 15 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes un-drained
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 8 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Crumble beef into a large nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat until it starts to sizzle, about 1 minute.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until the onion is soft and the moisture has evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and flour; stir to combine.
- Stir in water, chili sauce, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened and the onion is very tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve on warm buns. Enjoy!