This recipe is perfect for that beloved Italian night with your family! It is packed with protein and iron. This healthy pasta recipe will for sure become a family favorite. Bon Appetit!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 8 ounces chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1/2 pound turkey sausage
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 14.5 ounce can tomato sauce unsalted
- 1 16 ounce package bow tie pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian herb blend
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Cut chicken breast into large bite size pieces.
- Cut sausage into large pieces. In a large, deep skillet over medium low heat, add oil, garlic and onion and saute to flavor oil.
- Add chicken and sausage to skillet and brown lightly.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and green peppers.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes. Season mixture with Italian herb blend.
- Add cooked, drained pasta to a skillet mixture.
- Toss and serve.