Keep the house cool and the grill hot by adding this side dish to your grill tonight! We’ve added a creamy sauce to top these veggies, and we can’t wait to hear what you think about it.
- 2 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup red onion large dice
- 2 cup zucchini sliced
- 2 cup yellow squash sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Sour Cream Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons sour cream light
- 2 Tablespoons cotija cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Servings: 1 cup servings
- Wash your hands and clean your counter tops. Rinse produce under cool running water before slicing.
- Using AgriLife fire and heat safety guidelines, prepare the grill to medium heat.
- Make a sour cream sauce by mixing sour cream, cotija cheese, kosher salt, and chili powder in a small bowl. Add to a piping bag or disposable, sealable bag.
- Add vegetables to a grilling basket and drizzle olive oil on top and toss.
- Grill in 3-minute intervals. Toss vegetables with a clean utensil after every 3 minutes. Grill until veggies are tender. Depending on the heat of the fire, it could take up to 15 minutes.
- Remove from grill. After snipping the end of the piping bag, pipe sour cream sauce over veggies.
- Serve warm.